Saturday, 13 April 2013

30 by 30 Update | #9

Three and a half months into the new year and I was suddenly reminded of the 30 by 30 list I made and completely forgot about. Now I am known for making excuses but this time, my excuse is #9 on my list. That's right people, I got married. ;)

Okay, so that was two months ago which means I've had a lot of time to write/blog/get back to life as such, but you must know that I was born lazy and managing a house is a lot of work, the end result of which is tiredness, mental exhaustion and repulsion to every activity that may come under the category of "work" even if you love doing it.

And that's the reason why blogging, or writing in general has been on hold for a while.

But I realised today that if I had to do everything on my list, I needed to make time for it. So I made a calendar and put a list of things to do for the whole month, took a screen shot of it and made the damn thing my desktop wallpaper so I don't forget them even if I want to.

It's a little harsh and in my face (quite literally) but it had to be done. Not for someone else's sake, but my own because these are my goals that need to be accomplished.

What I've been doing for the last two months is cooking (9 out of 10 days.. okay maybe 6 out of 7), cleaning toilets (every few days), making the bed (trying to do it everyday), keeping track of expenses, ensuring that the kitchen is properly stocked, monitoring the maid who (I now agree with my mom) NEVER does a clean job, reading only while I am travelling to work and sometimes before bed, trying to remember to brush my teeth before bed every night, picking/cleaning up after my husband (although that is very rare but it's still new for me) and many many other household activities.

What I have not been doing is writing everyday, finishing a book every 2 weeks, watching a movie every 2 weeks, exercising, and it's driving me nuts. I am hoping that the schedule I have made for myself will help me a lot. You'll know when you see updates here.

But I am glad that I effortlessly was able to strike one thing off my to-do list. Alright, it may not have been effortless; a lot of time and energy was spent in making it happen, but its off my list and I glad that there are only 29 more things that I need to do. :D

So I'll leave you with these pictures, just to let you know that I got married!! :P



Love,
Jackie..

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting married. What fun to be starting out on your new life together with your hubby. All my best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much Kathi!! Glad you stopped by.. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this blog and big congrats...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I can't believe I am replying soooo late! My apologies for the delay and thank you sooo much for your wishes! :)

      xoxo

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification. There are a lot of crazy bots out there posting comments by the truckload. I just need to make sure that you aren't one of them. :)

Go on. Prove it!