Thursday, 23 August 2012

Grandma's Wise Thoughts: #1

I've been around on this planet for a little over 25 years, and in those 25 years, I've seen a lot, experienced a lot and learnt a lot; and I feel I owe it to the world to share my wisdom and help others reap the fruits. Long story short, I have a whole lot of shit to say about every damn thing that I see or come across, and I'm just going to put it into words here. I'm going to call it “Grandma's Wise Thoughts” because I've been called a Grandma on more than one occasion when I've been kind enough to share these thoughts with others. How rude!!

So without further ado, here are the things I learnt this week.

#1 You won't realise the importance of good health until it goes bad. You will take the simple act of walking from one room to another for granted just because it's so easy to do and it comes naturally to you. But try doing that when you are drained of 95% of the fluids in your body and you will appreciate walking the way I do.

#2 Quite a bit of stuff you say is taken way more seriously than you intended it to be. In fact, people even start using it as a thumb rule. But don't sweat it. Think of yourself as Barney Stinson, because he's the only one cool enough to come up with random stuff that makes sense if you really think about it even though it sounds totally lame.

#3 It's absolutely essential to keep reading in order to keep writing (even if that means reading your own posts that you wrote long ago.) Every piece of writing can be a source of inspiration. Even a piece of writing that calls your piece of writing crap. Especially something that calls your writing crap.

#4 Don't try and make sense out of everything in this world. If it seems like it doesn't make sense it probably doesn't. If it seems like it does, but you don't get it, it's probably not worth it. Just like its probably not worth trying to make sense out of this one. No matter how hard you try, you're not going to be able to decipher this. Don't feel bad. It's not you. This just doesn't make sense. And I intended it to be this way.

#5 Sometimes, sleep will take precedence over sending an important email or finishing a job before the deadline or watching tv or writing a blogpost that you thought would turn out to be super awesome. In such situations, it is always better to sleep and recuperate so that you're well rested to be able to share your genius with the rest of the world. You don't know how bad they need this.

Grandma is off to bed. She will catch up with you next week with some more life lessons. :D

4 comments:

  1. very valid points. especially the health one. was down with food poisoning couple of weeks back when I realized how important it is to NOT go bonkers on food and think about my poor tummy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was down with food poisoning too... Hence the statement... Oh and don't talk about the food.. It's so hard to control the temptation to eat when I smell pani puri or vada pav.. But I have to, for the fear of relapse.. :(

      Delete
  2. i absolutely agree! trust me frd you are absolutely wise! :D especially about 1 and 2 are so so true! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D :D I know.. I am very wise.. Lol! I can see this becoming a weekly thing, because there are sooo many things that I have opinions about... :P

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification. There are a lot of crazy bots out there posting comments by the truckload. I just need to make sure that you aren't one of them. :)

Go on. Prove it!